Practitioner Training Program
To date, the IAKP have trained over 400 practitioners around the world and we have a 97% retention rate.
Our Basic Level Practitioner training program has been running since 2014 and was the first of its kind in the world. It developed entirely in house. Learning from many different communities and medicine practitioners, to form an extremely well rounded education programme.
This is much more than a 2 week training course. It is the first step in a 3-4 year journey from basic practitioner to master practitioner.
It’s an intense, experiential and traditional teaching and a challenging personal journey. Learning takes place within sacred circles where you will acquire and practice the art of giving Kambo to yourself and others.
We honour both traditional and modern ways to give Kambo so you will receive teachings from tribal traditions as well as learning to work with meridians, chakras and auricular Kambo. However, we do not give shamanic initiations and although we employ shamanic tools in our work, we are not shamans.
Throughout the entire training process, you will receive ongoing support and teachings, opportunities to assist more experienced practitioners and if you wish, your own personal mentor.
Not everyone gets through the two week course. However, we do everything we can to support you to get through, if we believe that being a practitioner is the right path for you.
Every course we have run so far has received amazingly positive feedback from its participants.
All our teachers have trained with us from the Basic level, so they can all relate to the journey that a student takes.
Our courses have been taught in English, Polish and Spanish. We are looking forward to being able to offer courses in German, French and Russian in the near future.
The program is constantly being updated with new information, knowledge and research outcomes. Meaning it is the longest running and most established program in the world.
Why train with us?
As an IAKP Practitioner, you will benefit from the accumulated knowledge of the world’s biggest Kambô family.
We work within a Code of Practice, safety guidelines and voluntarily hold ourselves accountable through our complaints procedure.
In addition to the above, you will have access to our Practitioner Forums, our enormous client Facebook group Kambo Tribe along with IAKP newsletters, fairly traded Kambo supplies. As we move forward and grow, we will be offering IAKP Practitioners of Advanced Level and above, the opportunity to apply for research grants from the IAKP Foundation in the Netherlands.
As you can see, when you train with the IAKP, you’re not just training to be a Kambo Practitioner, you’re embarking upon a life-changing, journey that will challenge you, excite you and encourages personal growth, joy and freedom and best of all you get to support the tribes and communities living in the Amazon and not for profit organisations working in the Amazon.
- You have read the contraindications and are able to safely take Kambô.
- You are experienced with Kambo and feel a strong call to work with it.
- You should have taken Kambo at least 6-10 times before the course starting date.
- You are sufficiently physically and emotionally fit to do the work.
- You have never been diagnosed with a serious mental health disorder (excluding depression and anxiety).
- You are able to put yourself into service and adopt a mindset of gratitude and humility when working with Kambô.
- You have or are prepared to attend a basic first aid course.
- You make every effort to contact an IAKP practitioner near you and attend and assist at one of their circles.
- You understand that if you are found not to meet the pre-requisites during the course you will be asked to leave at your own expense and without refund.
- You understand that all course materials remain the property of the IAKP at all times. On successful completion of the course, we agree that you make take the course materials to support your future practice provided that you respect the copyright of all documents.
Please do not take BUFO or IBOGA at least 8 weeks before the training. Practitioners across the IAKP have experienced negative outcomes when Kambo is taken too soon after a Bufo or Iboga ceremonies and as you will be taking Kambo a number of times during the training we do not want to run that risk.
The course is packed and intensive; there will be 13 very full teaching days with just one day off in the middle. On the final day, there will be a practical and written assessment.
The course will cover:
- The origins of Kamb
- Traditional and modern uses
- The science behind Kambo
- The Kambo Circle
- Using Rapé and Sananga
- Burn and point setting techniques
- Traditional treatments
- Layering treatments
- Intensive and Long Term treatment
- Kambo and Meridians
- Kambo with Chakras and Marma Points
- Specialized Kambo Treatment and Example Protocols
- The Basics of Auricular Kambo
- Contraindications, Warning Signs, Problem Solving, Kambo First Aid
- Connecting and communicating with the Spirit of Kambo
- Holding space and boundaries
- Kambo Songs and Prayers
- Working with Rattles and Smoke
- The Kambo Practitioner – Role and responsibilities
- The IAKP – Code of Practice
Food and Accommodations
Rooms and bathrooms are shared when necessary. Three meals will be served a day. Snacks and tea will be available throughout the day. All food will be lovingly prepared and cooked on-site using fresh local ingredients. It will mostly be served buffet style and will be vegetarian although vegans and other special diets can be catered for. Please let us know about your dietary needs and/or restrictions as soon as possible.
Terms & Conditions
- The all-inclusive cost of the 14 days Kambo Practitioners Intensive varies depending on the location and group size. The cost includes materials, food, and accommodations for the duration of the training.
- A non- refundable deposit is payable at the time of booking to secure your place. Due to the high level of interest in this course, it is a strictly first-come, first-served system.
- If you have to cancel last minute due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, we will make every effort to transfer you to another course, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
How to Enroll
- Check that you don’t have any contraindications to safely receive Kambô.
- Make sure you meet up with all the pre-requisites.
- Contact either firstname.lastname@example.org or the organizing teacher to coordinate details.
- Due to the high interest in these courses, we recommend that you secure your place as soon as possible with the deposit.
- Instructions on payment method will be provided upon request.
- Once you join the group, you will receive information on how to prepare, traveling options, what to bring, etc