Since the IAKP was founded in 2014, we have been committed to attracting and supporting the most diverse team of practitioners possible. We want to ensure that you can train with us regardless of your background and circumstances. Each year, our founder, Karen, offers 2-3 people the opportunity to train as an IAKP Kambo Practitioner on her Green Light bursary scheme. This includes 2 weeks all-inclusive residential training, your first years’ IAKP membership and your practitioner profile listed on our website for 12 months entirely free of charge.
Applications close on the 31st March 2023 for 2023 bursaries. To ensure fair access for all, we review all applications once a year. We will let you know the outcome by 30th April 2023. If you are successful, will ask you to choose a place on one of our courses in the 12 months following your award. If you are not successful, you are welcome to try again the following year.
To be eligible, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You’re from a severely disadvantaged background
- You have a recognised and registered physical disability
- You have had refugee status or been under humanitarian protection
- You are part of a vulnerable socio-economic group
- You’re planning to work with a disadvantaged group that you’ve had experience of working with for 2 plus years already (For example: Homeless people)
- You’re resident in a country where there are no practitioners and no access to kambo
- You must be able to travel to one of our training locations independently
- You must have taken Kambo a minimum number of times
- You must be proficient in a language that our training is offered in. This is currently, English, Spanish, German, Polish and French.
Please click here to complete the application form. We very much look forward to hearing from you.
Feedback from a previous bursary award winner:
Wow. My life has not been the same since. I’ve experienced so much movement and growth in the past two months that it almost seems like a blur. I want to express my deepest gratitude to you for blessing me with the green light bursary award. I have been serving Kambo for almost a month now and my relationship with it has taken on a whole new depth. It’s such an honor to be able to safely share this wonderful healing with others. I want you to know that I will always honor the purpose of the award which in my eyes is to make it available to those less fortunate and those who might not ever have the means to experience it. I am here to be a beacon of Love and Service. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.